Hi there and welcome to my personal website. Below, you'll find a quick glimpse at some of the things I've done, some of the places I've been and some of the things I'm working on. I'm looking to work for an organization that is committed to not only doing the right thing but who is also committed to fostering an individual's talents and skills to help them not only succeed but to exceed their own expectations.
I'm committed to helping people - as is evident not only with my customer service expertise but also with the humanitarian efforts that I've participated in beginning at the age of 13. My goal is to use this passion for people and for doing the right thing to not only enrich the lives of the people that I serve but to also enrich the culture of the organization that chooses me to be a part of it.
If you feel like I'd be the right fit for your company, then please let me know and get in touch. I'd be happy to discuss it further with you.
For now, take a peek around and see if there's something you like.
- Experience in promotion, digital media creation and social media management.
- Interested in technology and all aspects related to.
- Computer proficient with experience in Windows and macOS.
- Excellent communication and comprehensive skills.
- Organized and very attentive to detail.
- Able to work and learn quickly under pressure.
- Proven leadership and troubleshooting abilities.
- Committed to providing the best interpersonal experience possible.
- 14 years of customer service experience.
- Google AdWords certified (Fundamentals, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising)
- Burman University; Lacombe, AB - Psychology (BSc); 2009
- Grandview School K-12; Grandview, MB - High School Diploma; 2003
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency; Nicaragua – 2008 (6 weeks)
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency; Laos – 2007 (6 weeks)
- Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists; Belize – 2000 (2 weeks)
- Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists; Haiti – 1999 (2 weeks)
Co-manager, Bath & Body Works Canada; Edmonton, AB - 2016-2017
- Responsible for managing the store and the employees. Primarily responsible for customer service excellence and branding. Also responsible for mentoring employees, and interviewing and training new employees.
- During my time with the company, I helped drive store sales to above targets every month which had not been done for several months previously.
Service Specialist, Apple Canada; Edmonton, AB - 2013-2015
- Responsible for providing technical support to customers at the Genius Bar for iOS devices. Also responsible for processing payments for services provided, providing advice regarding Apple products and services, assisting in the training and development of new employees and assisting where needed in the store.
- In two years, was either the top performer or one of the top performers in the department - both for services provided and customer service survey results.
Logistics Team Leader, Target Canada; Edmonton, AB - 2013
- Responsible for managing the offsite backroom and the employees. Other duties include backstocking excess product in appropriate locations, performing sales floor and customer merchandise requests, participating in regular team leader meetings, ensuring employees adhered to best practices and training new employees.
Assistant Store Manager, Rexall Drug Store; Edmonton, AB - 2012-2013
- Responsible for managing the store and the employees. Other duties include ordering merchandise for the store, maintaining staff schedules, approving and entering schedules into KRONOS, participating in district conference calls, implemented planogram changes, interviewing and training new employees.
Merchandiser, Loblaw Companies Ltd.; Calgary, AB - 2007-2011
- Assisted in the construction and planning of several departments in 22 Loblaw environments. Was responsible for interviewing and training new employees as well as completing and submitting required colleague paperwork.
- Began with the company as a cashier with Extra Foods #9032 from 2007-2009.
Representative, Burman University; Lacombe, AB - 2007-2009
- Served as Yearbook Editor from 2007-2008 for one year and as Communications Vice-president for the following year. Act as a liaison between students, staff and the Student Association. Responsible for creating and maintaining both digital and print content. Communicate campus events with the student body and community. Through working as a part of the Student Association, much time was spent working alongside the Marketing and Enrolment department.
Hobbies, skills and talents
Graphic design - extensive use of Illustrator, Pixelmator, Photoshop, InDesign; Web design - self-taught knowledge of HTML, Wordpress and Squarespace; Social media - composition and promotion; Marketing - have done a great deal of work to promote my own music and have helped other businesses and departments help in their marketing and promotion, currently certified in Google AdWords (Fundamentals, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising); Photography - using DSLR, mobile devices, etc. and using photography software to edit and repair including Photos, Aperture and the mentioned graphic design programs; Music - composition, production, writing, performing, singing.